Saturday 9 January 2010

I don't care what anyone says...




... we just love the snow!

I know it causes travel trouble, but look outside! It's just so PRETTY!
I am tired of everyone moaning about being fed up with the snow. It's great! Yes, it's cold.
But guys... it's winter! It's supposed to be cold! Just think about all the bugs it's killing off with this freeze. I remember one winter recently when it was so warm that the caterpillars were still munching on my plants in January! Now THAT'S not right!

And this cold weather has been such a bonus for us garden-bird watchers. We've had loads in our garden eating all our food, and a lucky friend has even had bullfinches in hers!
This morning's feeding frenzy after I had refilled the feeders.
A chaffinch being its gorgeous self.

A group of shy-er ground feeders nibbling on crushed fatballs under the hebe bushes.
The bossiest and most charming of all our garden birds. Just look at how he's giving me the eye while I snap this shot! Cheeky!

1 comment:

Don said...

I'm with you! I love traipsing around in the snow, in the cold, and pulling kids around in a sled will give them that same love of weather and seasons!

Cool bird photos!