Thursday 4 June 2009

Allotment Helpers

I went down to the allotment this afternoon with Spike and some friends. Friends with muscles. And some other little friends, who enjoyed worm hunting (and torturing) and watering the veggies (and making muddy puddles). It kept threatening to rain, but never did, and it was a great afternoon.

One really good thing that those with muscles worked on (with the help of little people) was the start of the fence at the front. And you know what? They actually seem to know what they are doing, construction-wise. We may be in danger of our slovenly hodge-podge of an allotment starting to look a little more respectable. I will have to watch this carefully!

Having said that, the rest of the allotment still looks very untidy... so maybe I'm not in such danger as I thought.
Thanks to everyone for their help. It was greatly appreciated, and I hope it will continue!

No comments: