Monday 27 April 2009

Harrogate Spring Flower Show

You know the trouble with a blog? When you have lots to say you are too busy doing it to write about it. And when there's nothing going on you naturally have plenty of time to report that nothing's going on.

So I am a few days late in reporting that last Friday I got to go to the Harrogate Spring Flower Show! It was amazing. The flowers and plants were so perfect they looked artificial. And it was huge. We missed one of the big tents because Spikelet had had just about enough, thank you very much. But what we saw was wonderful. The bonsai! The orchids! The ferns! The daffodils! Fuschias! Clematis! Tulips! The flower arrangements! All of it was gorgeous. Have a look at the pictures:








'The Wizard of Oz' 'Flamenco'
In the garden there are the first shoots of potatoes coming up, so that's wonderful. My trial peas haven't come through, but it hasn't been a week since I planted them, so that's not surprising. And it has been raining all day, so any plans I had for the garden today were scuppered. Although, to be honest, they were scuppered anyway, since I spent a good portion of the day at the garage while I waited for them to figure out what was wrong with the radio in my new car. They had to take it out of the dash, and when they did it rattled. Seems that the people who had the car before had been feeding the CD player with pennies, and they shorted the system out. So my car has a big gaping gap-toothed hole in it while they fix the stereo. At least I still have my car, and the fact that there's no radio is really no change... it hadn't worked in the whole time I had it! Still, at least it's on it's way to being fixed, and is still in covered by the place that sold it to us. And I had a Gardener's World Magazine to read while I was waiting.

No comments: