Thursday 2 April 2009

Busy Week

It has been quite a week.

I took my car in on Fri because it wasn't driving right and the fuel injector light was on. Boy was it not right. Needed a new head gasket (apparently that's a big deal), was only running on three cylinders and the clutch was going. So bye bye car, helloooo car hunting. We needed to get a bigger one anyway because 3 car seats in the back is not possible in our car. But not so keen on making car payments again after 2 years off... Oh well, ho hum.

We had birthdays over the weekend, mine and Dude's. We're twins, just 30 yrs apart, which makes it very easy for me to remember how old I am. I never believed my parents when they said they couldn't remember how old they were when I was little. Now I know they weren't faking...







We took 8 kids bowling and then to BK next door. Sounds easy? Try it.

Then my lovely auntie came to stay the night on Sun, and we went for a long walk, getting a bit lost, finding our way, then stopping at a friend's for an impromptu coffee.

Monday was the day that Dude had his first day at Beavers and that Pip had his last day at Beavers and first at Cubs. Big, big deal. Dude has been hankering to get into Beavers for 2 years and he finally made it.


Monday was also spent car hunting on the internet. We knew what we wanted but couldn't find a car to fit our simple (!) needs: 3 carseats across the back. Not a bus. At 10pm we found the Honda FR-V. Tues we went to look at one and decided to get it - Hooray.

Today and yesterday were spent finishing up the parish magazine that I produce monthly. Needs to be in church for Sunday. Not cutting it fine at all... who me?

And now the weather is lovely and I am going to get out in it because I can! Finally! I don't have to do anything, except perhaps continue digging the garden, but that's ok because it is SUNNY!

Apple trees are budding!
Early tulips have started flowering!

Look at what the kids at school have been producing. Not my kids, I regret, because I have been WAY TOO BUSY to be so creative. They have been lucky to be fed and to find clean socks in their drawers in the morning.


And here is Spike, to brighten your day.

No comments: