Monday 2 February 2009

Snow on Snow!

It kind of flurried yesterday in a very haphazard and not very impressive way. In a very English snow sort of way.

But we woke up this morning to a good inch-and-a-half, which, although still not very impressive compared to, say the sort of snow they get out at the Big Green Barn, but still, for England, very impressive. Well, we were impressed.














The boys were dressed and out in it like a shot. (Note the abandonded wheelbarrow. Not been in much use recently. Oops.)

They are off at school now (hooray) and it has continued to snow lots. In fact when I opened the window to take this shot there was snow blowing in, like you would imagine on Little House on the Prairie.














It is very pretty out there, and we are having a nice warm day watching the snow, and watching the birds who are cold and hungry. We have even had dedicated groundfeeders like robins and blackbirds feeding off the fatballs in the tree. Now that means they are very hungry! Here are three very pretty goldfinches. I love their gaudy YELLOW feathers, and RED heads.
And here's my Rosemary covered in snow.

2 comments:

Don said...

How fun to read about my barn on your blog! I would gladly trade about 8 inches of the white stuff to you this year.

Today it is 60 degrees F, and I think we will bid this batch of snow good bye!

Beautiful photos!!

Garden Girl said...

Hey, you're the Big Green Barn! You're famous. Better get used to it! :)

But it's lovely to have one of my favourite bloggers reading my output... makes me feel all shiney!