Sunday 22 November 2009

Mouldy update

Incase you were concerned, the mouldy ones are improving rapidly. Hooray!

I gave them their last dose of fever medicine last night at bedtime. They went to bed early, at about 6:15 (7 - 7:30 is normal) and Spike woke up at 7ish and 8ish... and I thought 'oh no! this is going to go on all night!' but that was it from both of them until after 7 this morning. So that's good.

They both came to church, and have eaten properly all day (a huge improvement on yesterday when Spike barely ate anything and Dude ate no lunch, just lay on the sofa feeling mouldy). There has been no fever since last night and they have been fine. Dude took himself to bed tonight at 6:45 and fell asleep before Spike came in after his shower, but considering that I was thinking I was going to have to take him to the doctor on Monday he is fine. I think he will even go to school tomorrow. He did his homework this afternoon, with no more complaints than usual, and has since been playing lego happily with Pip... perhaps a bit more tired than normal this evening, but otherwise just fine.

And the antibiotics have certainly done the trick for Spikey's chest infection. He was really poorly on Friday evening, coughing up great wads of phlegm (tmi?), totally miserable and very hot and sweaty. Today, after 2 full days of meds he is just fine. Snotty, sure, but not even coughing much, which is great!


So I am one relieved Mummy!

Thank God for the NHS - I got an appointment an hour after I called, was seen by a lovely nurse, and was home with the antibiotics (which were free because Spike is under 16) by 10:30am. And I got my (free!) flu jab that afternoon - and I had only booked in that morning when I was in the doctor's office! I know we pay for it with taxes, but 'what the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't yearn after!' The convenience and security is so worth it. One big reason to live on this side of the pond.

And that's as political as I am going to get. Nighty night, folks. I am off to listen to the sweet sound of children breathing peacefully in their sleep.

No comments: